I recently have been introduced to eHarmony by a friend. She sounded like one of those cheesy testimonies on eH's TV ads. She is a flight attendant, so you know she cannot look shit-faced. However, she has been someone rather luck-less in love. The guys she dated always had commitment-phobia. She decided to give eH a try, and she met 2 guys who went NUTS about her. Freaks? No, they are good-looking men with very decent jobs (she showed me the pictures of them going on dates... definitely NOT freaks or butt-uglies). One is a realtor (who has quite a few properties of his own) and the other one is an owner of a logistic company. I always tell her, "you lucky bastard..."
Now, she is dating these 2 guys simultaneously and the realtor completely smothered her with love. CRAZY about her. The guys are literally competing for her. Now, she is just down to who she will settle with now.
As an unfortunate friend of hers, she urged me to give it a try. And I did. I was on this service for almost a month now. I was pretty discouraged because the matches I got were... no where NEAR the hotness of my friend's potential bfs!! NOWHERE NEAR!! I whined to my friend and she looked at my list of matches and laughed too. So unfair... hahaha~ Anyways, just when I was completely fed up with eH and wanted to end my subscription, 2 new matches were delivered to me.
One of them in marketing and the other one is in finance. They are the ones who didn't go through the "guided questions" and directly mailed me. They seem quite sincere and genuine... online. I wouldn't say they are hot but at my age, hotness doesn't equal good-heart or attentiveness anymore. I need someone who is caring and genuine. They are not really my "type" per se... (but no one is... ever...because it's too surreal! Think ARMIE HAMMER...Armie, how can you be so gorgeous but MARRIED?!)
The marketing guy asked me out and I'm going out with him mid August (because work is a bitch and I need to finish a huge project first before anything... and I also want to mentally-prep myself). I was surprised that he is willing to postpone for me... I figured if it's an online date thing, people wouldn't want to waste time...) I'm so out of the game, I don't even know what to expect or what to say on first date (even though we have been emailing back and forth for 2 weeks already)... especially someone I met online! In my mind, I have been thinking of a lot of the horrible crimes or scams of online dating. I always need to prep myself for the worst-case scenario. Meet at the most crowded places... in the mid day only... don't go home with the person... don't drink your beverage after you leave your table... etc.
I also need to prep myself for not falling head-over-heels for anyone. It's too dangerous. What if we don't work out when I have worked up such a lovely mental picture of "us" together (Sorry... I'm a Pisces... I can't help it...)? What if we went on several dates but he finds me not good enough? Therefore, I told my friend that I'm going to play "distance" this time. I will not let myself get any expectations up. The higher the expectations, the harder the fall if it doesn't work out. Been there, done that.
I hope this date is a pleasant one. What ever happens, happens. Wish me luck.
source: weheartit



Let me just say - I've tried them ALL - online dating sites, that is. eHarmony never worked for me. I'm lying...it did the 1st time I tried it. Met some decent dudes. But it's pricey and in the end, seems too serious in finding you the PERFECT mate. To me that is just fantasy talk...all the luck in the world, friend. Your August sounds great...keep us posted ;-)