We had our first big argument last night. I said something in a joking way the day before to tease him but he took it as my misunderstanding to his character. I then took it personally of him saying my mindset is not being mature... somewhat "rudimentary". It goes on and on. We didn't even argue on the phone this whole time but only through texting yesterday. He said he didn't feel he understands me. I told him we only knew each other 4 months before he had to leave and we currently only passed 2 of the 4 months of separation. The foundation was not solid enough and we didn't have much time to spend with each other just prior to departure. He said that's not good enough of a reason. Then he started to reason with me. I am an emotional person... and I am not good at negotiating and reasoning. I just didn't know how to counter what he said because I know he is right but at the same time, I feel he is being harsh on how he wants me to be. I started to say things sarcastically "I will watch what I want to say to you from now. I will filter it before coming out of my mouth." He said he doesn't want to have a relationship where we cannot talk freely to each other and tell each other how we feel. I want that too but I don't want the same argument again. I am a very straightforward person. I have no filters. And I thought he would understand by now but now I know he is not a mind-reader and surely he didn't agree with my way of communication. He said he is disappointed in me, doubting our relationship and how he didn't understand me.
It came to a point where I felt there was really no point in continuing this conversation. And I asked,
After sent that message, my tear came down. I shouldn't ask that question because I was so afraid to see his reply. He paused. My heart was pounding out of my chest but at the same time, I was so drained. It was 2:45am at that time.
I immediately turned on FaceTime to see him. He saw I was crying my eyes out and he was quite shocked.
"I still love you, don't worry." That's the first thing he said on FaceTime. We both agreed that texting can lead to misunderstanding. If possible, we should facetime or skype instead, and leave the texting at other times where these 2 options are not possible. He feels we are both getting a little depressed to be apart for some time.
After all these, it kind of shakes me up that I have to be more strong and independent. He said he doesn't want me to rely on him and be too dependent. He wants to build a family while both him and I are strong and brave examples for our kids.
I start to question if I am the person for him.... or the kind of girl he is looking for. He wants a "business partner-like" woman, where she has complete focus on building her work and having a strong sense of direction of where she wants to be. I, on the other hand, am a typical Pisces... where I want to be protected and follow my man through thick and thin to support him... building a family based on my love for him and care for my children. Career and other things will have to take a back seat.
This revelation makes me sad but at the same time, I finally know what I want. I haven't talked to him the entire day today yet. He didn't go online and I didn't chase him. I think after last night, I can feel he starts to wonder if I'm the one he is looking for and I start to doubt if I am someone suitable for him.
I don't know how things will go. I will take it day by day. Tomorrow will mark the 6th month of being together.
It came to a point where I felt there was really no point in continuing this conversation. And I asked,
"So... you don't want us anymore?"
After sent that message, my tear came down. I shouldn't ask that question because I was so afraid to see his reply. He paused. My heart was pounding out of my chest but at the same time, I was so drained. It was 2:45am at that time.
"I do want this... I want US to have a relationship where we both can say what we want and how we feel. When we text, a lot of meaning gets lost in the mere letters on the screen."
I immediately turned on FaceTime to see him. He saw I was crying my eyes out and he was quite shocked.
"I still love you, don't worry." That's the first thing he said on FaceTime. We both agreed that texting can lead to misunderstanding. If possible, we should facetime or skype instead, and leave the texting at other times where these 2 options are not possible. He feels we are both getting a little depressed to be apart for some time.
After all these, it kind of shakes me up that I have to be more strong and independent. He said he doesn't want me to rely on him and be too dependent. He wants to build a family while both him and I are strong and brave examples for our kids.
I start to question if I am the person for him.... or the kind of girl he is looking for. He wants a "business partner-like" woman, where she has complete focus on building her work and having a strong sense of direction of where she wants to be. I, on the other hand, am a typical Pisces... where I want to be protected and follow my man through thick and thin to support him... building a family based on my love for him and care for my children. Career and other things will have to take a back seat.
This revelation makes me sad but at the same time, I finally know what I want. I haven't talked to him the entire day today yet. He didn't go online and I didn't chase him. I think after last night, I can feel he starts to wonder if I'm the one he is looking for and I start to doubt if I am someone suitable for him.
I don't know how things will go. I will take it day by day. Tomorrow will mark the 6th month of being together.
source: weheartit



Yikes...relationships are tough. Add that yours is still very new AND you're dealing with distance, even more challenging. Hang in there. Keep communicating. Yeah, stop texting. It can be the demise of relationships falling apart. Things misinterpretted. Good luck...