momojae
I find myself sounding like a broken record more and more on this blog. But in real life, I speak less and less about my breakup and my ex. I find there's no point of discussing about it anymore with my friends and family... and I have lost that "urge to share the pain" with them. To them, I'm a headstrong person and I intend to keep it that way. Frankly, I have lost the urge to talk about my ex anymore (unless it is due to unforeseen circumstances.... which I don't know what it will be.... maybe I'll talk about him soon... who knows?). Approaching a year's mark of our breakup anniversary, I really think it's about time for me to go back out to the dating game. My friend last night had warned me again that we (me and her) are not getting any younger. As our friends around are either getting married and some are also having babies, I have to do something with myself instead of sulking in the rut which I have been in for a year. She has been trying to introduce me to some of her boyfriend's friends. I wasn't in the mood to meet any of them. (And needless to say, I dropped the idea of hoping things would happen with that "poster boy" yoga instructor as well. What's the point??!) As a girl approaching the big "three-O" VERY VERY SOON, I think people around me are getting more desperate for me than myself. I like to just leave it in the hands of fate but people around me aren't feeling it. If it's meant to be, it will be. He will come.

source: weheartit

Anyways, as V-day is approaching, how do the freshly-brokenhearted survivors go through this PINK HEARTS EXPLOSION DAY? Reminisce about the past of how your ex used to send you a dozen of long-stemmed roses? How your ex used to send you on a scavenger hunt when the ultimate reward was him? For first V-Day-as-a-single-gal-in-a-while, I'm just going to treat it as any other normal day. Why bother to make myself bitter because I'm single this year?

What's your plan for this year's Valentine's Day/Single Gal's Day?
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Your post describes me perfectly! We're so much alike! I'm okay with being single because I can spend my time productively instead of watching my boyfriend plays video games, you know. But of course, I'd like to have a date for the Valentine's Day but I'm not interested in meeting anyone either. I'm just not ready yet. My heart takes a long time to heal and plus there are trust issues that I need to recover from. It's going to be a crappy day for me to be honest but I'm going to treat myself very, very nicely and take it easy. xxoxoxoo


  2. Matoula Says:

    nice blog. i love it http://fashionlove-matina.blogspot.com/