momojae
source: weheartit

As we are leaving 2011 behind, going forth to 2012, I think it is a time to make some new year's resolutions. Whether we can stick with them, that's another thing.

I was feeling pretty depressed yesterday for no reason... (well, not really no reason, I think it's my hormones acting up because of "the time of month") I was crying for no reason, being super snappy, irritated by every single thing around me, super disgusted with how I look (even have an urge to slap myself silly), and even yell at the TV for some stupid news stories. Boy, was I a pleasant sight yesterday. This morning, all that shit was cleared up and I'm back to normal. Sun is still shining and I feel calm.

Then I start to think of things I need to do for 2012. I fulfilled my plans for 2011: Travel to Europe? CHECK! Rid my ex out of my mind and finally let him go? CHECK! Travel back home to Vancouver? CHECK!! Start wearing makeup to make myself looking more "decent"... or better, more "put together"? CHECK! Stepping out of my comfort zone by going to different social gatherings that didn't necessary have familiar faces in? CHECK!

Finding a new guy? umm..... NO LUCK.

I've been thinking of going back to school part-time recently. I feel like work is more or less the same. I need to do something I love... get the ol' creative juice back but also, I need to get more work-related knowledge as well. I started looking into costume design... but the film school only offers a full-time diploma program. It doesn't only focus on costume design but props and set designs... and even lightings. I have no love for all these. So... no costume design for me.

Oh well.... might as well go back to my old route... fashion design. But then do I really need to do another certificate when I already have a diploma on that? I kind of want to go back and rekindle my love for design again but ... maybe I should do this just for fun... by doing non-credit courses... but I also want to learn more about the technical side of fashion... like pattern designs, textile surface designs, quality-assessments.... I think these will be more useful for my work... hmmm...

I'm also thinking in 2012, I should start to do a little side biz where I can open a TINY little online shop selling stuff. I know the market has been saturated but it's just something I have always wanted to do since I graduated from fashion school. Oh well.... just a thought...

Decisions... decisions...

What's your plan for 2012?
2 Responses
  1. Hi Momo,

    I got an invitation to see my family this Chritmas yet turned it down. I felt I'd be there physically but be absent every other way. I've spent too much time repressing the grieving process instead of letting it take it's course. Anyway, I set myself this vacation to begin the inner work which requires some intellectual preparation in order to make way for the emotional process to begin. It's tedious and has to be attacked in small chunks at a time. The material is absolutely free, yet requires lots of concentration. Here's two links: http://joy2meu.com/Grieving.html

    http://joy2meu.com/grief.html

    Reflector


  2. I know...such a reflective time of year. I like and don't like it all at the same time...a new year always signifies a fresh start though....that is a good thing for sure.