momojae
This past week was eventful... in other people's life.

A wedding. A long-time friend, personally not too close, but known her since Kindergarten, got married to her boyfriend of 6 or 7 years. All I could say was, "It's about time." I think they started dating around the same time when I first started dating my ex. They went into a long-distance for some years but he ended up keeping his promise and marry her. Some people can walk down the aisle together. Some people walk straight down the drain. (Don't worry, I'm not sad. Just self-pitying.)
source: weheartit

A divorce. A family friend just announced his divorce to his wife of.... less than a year. He met his now-ex-wife right after his former girlfriend of 8 years left him, when they were about to get engaged. His ex-girlfriend felt he couldn't give her the financial security she "deserves" so she left him. Mind you, he was and is an architect so I highly doubt he was on welfare. Then, he met this now-ex-wife. They quickly got married after knowing each other for a year. I knew this move was a rebound. It was too fast and too sudden. Then, came the divorce. Again, suddenly. Apparently, his wife left because again, she thought he would be wealthy enough to do all kinds of stuff for her. She returned all the wedding gifts to him and said she won't be needing those. I mean, come on now! Didn't you open your eyes when you meet him? He was the exact same position as he is now... how can you not know? I just think they both are ridiculous. The guy wanted a rebound. The girl wanted a sugar daddy... credentials and wealth. She must think every architect can make millions.

A gambler boyfriend. A friend flew to HK for a visit. I haven't seen her since college. I asked her how come she didn't travel with her boyfriend this time. She said she is on a break with him. I found out her boyfriend is a gambler... online poker gambler, to be exact. He makes his living just playing online poker. I was like "WTF?!? Is this even a real job??" She said he could make a living easily ... better than what she is making at an advertising company... working 12-14 hours a day. I was in shock and this is really my first time hearing someone who can actually make a living through gambling!! She said he rarely leaves home and every word that comes out of his mouth was blunt and somewhat hurtful. I asked her why stay with this person? She just looked at me and said, "You and I were in the position... being with a boyfriend for 4-5 years and ended up being left behind for another girl. I'm lucky to find him. I don't want to be alone at 30's. I feel too much pressure from my family and seeing other friends getting married and getting pregnant ... I want that." Poor girl. I asked her what happened when he keeps on losing at his hand of poker? He might be lucky enough now to win and make a living... but luck can come and go... then what happened? Will he get a job? She said she don't know and that's why she wanted a temporary break from him to figure things out. I don't even know what to say. I'm not the best example for her to follow, so I just kept my mouth shut.

Anyways, I sometimes feel better being single. At least, all I have to deal with is myself.

source: weheartit
2 Responses
  1. Here, here! Raise your glasses, single ladies! Being alone and being lonely are night and day. Discover who you are and he'll just show up...


  2. momojae Says:

    HERE HERE!! to FREEDOM!