momojae
Knowing something is bad for you... going to ruin your life... and yet something, somehow is pushing you towards that and at the end, you decide to give in... Does that mean you have let your heart rule your head? or are you just easily-tempted?

Back to my dear friend. She has been back and forth on whether she should meet up with the new guy, who came for a work trip. I was texting her nonstop at work a few days ago, telling her to stop and think. I told her if her boyfriend does find out, he will leave her. She is a bit worried but at the same time, she has a huge urge to see this new guy because to her, he represents the freedom and excitement she has been longing for ... that allows her to break free from the daily grind. Everything seems mundane to her now and she gets bored very easily. I told her if she ends up with this new guy, a couple years down the road, it will be the same thing all over again... where she needs to find another new guy to ease her boredom. I have known her since grade 8 and I know she is constantly afraid of solitude and stability. (She thinks I'm weird why I don't feel bored when I'm alone because I don't go out much. Well... I keep myself busy at home... there are just so much things to do!! ... painting... watching tv... online shopping... chatting with oversea friends... I guess I'm a stay-at-home girl...)

I digress... at the evening, she texted me she is waiting for the new guy's call because he should be out of the plane and checked in to a hotel already. I told her, why wasn't she having dinner with her boyfriend? She said, "I told him I'm busy... not tonight". I told her she is such an idiot. She is turning down being with her boyfriend and waiting for the new guy who she didn't even know if he would call.

Later, she became antsy and texting me throughout my dinner why he had not called. I told her, "You don't even know what you are to him yet... for all I know, you might just be a fling, a one-night stand, or stuff like that. You have no rights to even be mad if he doesn't call. You have a stable boyfriend who is always aiming to please you and yet you don't cherish him." She said I was right on, "I don't know why you are able to see it so clearly. And I really don't understand why your ex will leave you... you are like the typical 'good girlfriend'" I replied, "Apparently 'good girlfriend' is outdated. Men love women like you, super hard to get, hard to please, and never be able to settle down. It makes it challenging for them."

Much later on that evening, I texted her again to see if she finally took my advice and just either stay home or go see her own boyfriend or whatever. She texted me back, "I'm on my way to see him."

I said, "Wow.... I'm speechless. You really let this urge going to ruin your relationship."

She replied, "... I feel like a hooker..."

I wanted to say, "pretty much." but I didn't. I just said, "if that is how it makes you feel, then what's the point?"

She went silent for like 15 mins. Then she texted me back, "...I'm in his hotel room now."

I was disappointed and just replied, "I rest my case."

I don't know why people do not treasure a good relationship when they have it and would rather sacrifice what they currently have to find challenges... to find someone hard to get... to find someone unattainable. I feel terribly sad for her boyfriend. While he is sitting at home watching TV after a day's work, his girlfriend is sleeping with someone else.

I haven't heard from my friend for a few days now. Perhaps she is having too much fun.... or she is too disappointed at herself that she is sulking in depression...

I have a couple of close friends who are similar to her. And while they are all cheating on their boyfriend or juggling multiple guys in their life at one time without calling one as boyfriend, guys will still lining up for them. I could never do that. I am a relationship-girl. I can't do flings... casual dating... and sure as hell, I can't cheat. I have way too much principles and morals...

... and perhaps, that's why I'm still single?

source: weheartit

0 Responses