momojae
As mentioned in my last post, a good friend of mine is cheating on her boyfriend with a guy she met on her trip. Now, the guy is coming to visit her. She has been asking me if she should see him.... what to wear (yes, even the lingerie part...) ... etc. I found the whole thing pretty repulsive but then she is my dear friend, I have to listen to her. I don't agree and I don't understand but it's her life. She has a stable boyfriend with a good professional job. She is smart enough to know that her boyfriend will be the one she will get married to, eventually. However, he doesn't provide her with the passion she needs and the excitement she craves. After all, after years of dating, the format of the relationship is bound to change from passion to stable companionship.

Seeing how hard the boyfriend is trying to keep her, it makes me feel sorry for him. He knows she has something fishy going on behind but he still decides to turn a blind eye on it. But then by how "cowardly" he is when dealing with the whole situation, I don't feel THAT sorry for him. If you cannot even fight for what you love, and decides to just cowardly pretends nothing is happening... I don't think the person is strong enough.

Anyways, the new guy is probably here now and I think my friend is going to meet up with him, while her boyfriend is still at work... working his butt off for their future. I have tried to talk my friend out of meeting this person so many times but I think the new excitement will probably drive her to see him. I have told her if she really doesn't like her boyfriend, just break up with him. There's really no need to drag the poor guy on when you have no feelings for him. She understands but she cannot do it. She still loves him. He is the kind of guy who is good on papers, up to her parents' standards, a professional... While the new guy is, a typical "passion guy" where he will text her with NUMEROUS mushy messages (I have seen them... boy... I thought my ex was THE most mushy guy... now this guy makes my ex looked like a stone-cold guy). He is all tattooed up and he is one of those typical bad boys. (But then my friend isn't the purest girl... she drinks and smokes... and used to get drunk frequently. )

The two of them are pretty much the same type of people. Now my question in my head is... will this tattoo guy really THE one for her because after all, they share the same "hobbies" and they both crave the passion and excitements that a relationship (or a fling) can give them? She doesn't plan on being together with this tattoo guy for a long time but yet she doesn't want to marry her current boyfriend neither. She cheated her ex ex boyfriend to be with her ex boyfriend...and then she cheated on her ex boyfriend to be with her current boyfriend. I told her before "once a cheater, always a cheater." She smiled while having her cigarette, "you are just too simple and naive."

Sigh... I don't understand why people make relationship so difficult and complicated. Life is hard enough ... why make more troubles for yourself?

Perhaps I am too simple and conservative but I always feel in order to build a long-term relationship, you cannot jump ship when things get tough... or in her case, when things get a bit stable/boring. Relationship needs work and together you build something that is meaningful to both.

source: weheartit
0 Responses