Last week, I was meeting with a new client over dinner. Not particularly MY client but more like a client of my company (I'm not in charge of his company account). He is 36 but to me, he looks a little more mature... (like 38 or 39??). NOT OLD, but MATURE in a very healthy way. (Yeah... pretty weird description, I know....) He is from Australia and he is very charming and nice.
While I was chatting with him, my mind starts to wonder off... "hmm... what would it be like if we are dating?..." (HAHA~~ I know... I'm thinking about useless thing like that nowadays. Quite pathetic...) But he is such a catch! (and FYI, he is single because I think he just broke up with his gf or something... I didn't ask, he brought this up during the conversation. I think he must still love his ex because he did mention he loves Thai food because of his ex ... and we were having a Thai dinner.... which he suggested to have. ) He is successful as he just got promoted as a general manager of the boutique chain. There are 5 people (excluding us) during the dinner, he chatted with me most of the times. Again, I'm not dealing with his account.
He is the kind of guy you feel comfortable with... not intimidated, despite his position in the company... and his perspective is very global. He goes to gym several times a week... loves to camp... and he is interested about yoga (which he asked me a lot about)... he loves to eat... and he shared a lot of food stories over the dinner... He travels to different places a lot of the times... for both work and for pleasure. He told me a lot of things he saw during his travels and whatnot. He asked me if I have been to New York.... I said no, I haven't. He was very surprised that as a girl working fashion and I have NOT been to NY...
New York. To me, this place reminds me of my ex. My ex LOVES New York and he used to say "I'll definitely take you to New York one day and you are going to love it! And I think we are going to have a very good time there together! I will take you to 5th Avenue... I will take you to that Tiffany where Charlotte got proposed to........ you know, just maybe we might go live there too! ..... " But he ended up never taken me to NY during our time together (because he took his best bud there to see sports games instead... oh FML!). I was very disappointed, to say the least, even to this day but I'm looking forward to explore this fashion city myself.
I digress. Anyways, I didn't tell this guy why I haven't been to NYC yet. Because that would make me look pretty .... oh I don't know... "limited"? Like not improving my perspective but only focus on relationship and stuff? He recommends me to go .... I will go... when I have completely let go of my ex.... like he is the last last thing on my mind. Then, I know I will be ready at that time.
Think of it, it's like how often will a successful guy like him will love a girl like me? Realistically speaking, that's like hitting a jackpot in Vegas repeatedly... which is .... like NEVER... or next to NEVER. Funny though, because he is so out of reach, I don't have any hopes that "this", meaning me and this nice Aussie, will happen. Just like that yoga instructor... who is just too hot to be in a relationship for real. These 2 amazing guys are just infatuations. They are perfect so that's why I like them. My ex was love because I loved him whole-heartedly despite the fact he has nothing to offer. But it turns out: Love is disappointing, infatuations are unrealistic but fun.
No more false hopes for me, thanks. I have learned my lesson. (Does that make me less trusting towards guys now?)
Wow... I realize I'm getting more realistic by the minute....

source: weheartit


Wow, he sounds really nice! But I agree that hot guys are usually jerks in the end. I love that quote in the end..it's very true because when you love someone, their imperfections doesn't matter and you think they're the best in the world! xoxoxo