momojae
One of my "heartbreak survivor" friends told me that her ex wanted her back. I was in shock. They broke up just before the New Year's Eve and they haven't been together or in contact since. Then suddenly last week, he called her up to see if she wanted to go for an exhibition. Since my friend was planning to go, so she agreed. Long story short, at the end of the day, he kissed her and said he never want to let her go. He said since their breakup, he had tried to go on dates and meet other girls, but he felt that his heart still belongs to her. He couldn't seem to let her go. He said he felt more alone than before. My friend was confused... part of her wants to believe him, but part of her wants to think clearly.

To be honest, my first impression of the her ex wasn't a great one. He was pretentious and he thinks he was like the best things since sliced bread. But he never really treated my friend badly. He cares for her despite his "aloofness". I know he really loves her. But one problem, he doesn't believe in marriage and he always yearn for freedom and excitements (What can I say, he is a Sagittarius... sigh). My friend knew he would not settle down so she decided to give him the freedom and break up with him.

I told my friend to give him another chance after all, if he wants to be with someone else, he would've hooked up with other girls already. He doesn't need to wait for you... he yearns for freedom, he would've gone so far away that you couldn't even see his shadow.... but the fact that he still really cares and willing to wait for her to change her mind, that really surprise me. (Again, you can't really judge people by their looks!) I said why not give him and herself another shot to see if this can head to something better. Although he is not a big fan on the marriage idea, I see his commitment to my friend is a big step of trying to show my friend that he is very serious. He sticks to his words. My friend is willing to ease up the marriage thing for a little and I think they are both meeting each other halfway. And for that, I'm really happy for them.

They are now keeping it light and be friends again. They both have the courage to give their relationship another try. I can't be happier for them.

I think it's important to meet each other halfway. You can't do everything alone and sure as hell you can't depend on the other to do everything for you. Once the relationship becomes lopsided, one person will become exhausted and the other person will expect more and more and won't feel fulfilled. I learned my lesson.

I need to find someone who will meet me halfway...

source: weheartit
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. That is such a sweet story! I think it's really great when a couple gets back together after a break up. Not everybody deserves a second chance but the guy sounds like he really loves your friend! I have to say that I'm a Saggitarious as well but I know I've always wanted a stable relationship. I don't like jumping from relationship to relationship and I prefer having one person to be with forever. I wish Mr.Right would hurry up already, haha :-) xxoxoo