"The more you look for it, the more likely you cannot find. When you least expects it, it will come on its own."
This is actually some random voice I had in one of my dreams before. This was eerie, yet comforting. It's like someone is guiding me somehow. I do admit that I do feel desperate at times that I'm still single. Looking at the majority of my old classmates on Facebook... they are either new parents, married, engaged, or at least with someone very stable. Hardly any singles left in my grad class. That's fine. Think of the bright side, at least I stand out now... not like the wall flower I once was in highschool. On TV, the same topic is on again and again about how off the gender ratio is and whatnot... how women have outnumbered men ... blah blah blah... I sometimes feel like, "shit. I guess I should start saving for my spinsterhood". Yet sometimes, more likely, I feel "whatever... how many of those are with someone who they actually love and be together NOT for the sake of the fear of being alone?" Some of my recently-singled friends have been eagerly going back to the clubbing scene, hoping to meet more guys/girls. They will go back to their "college attire" and try their luck. They think I'm not trying hard enough... but I think they are trying way too hard. I'm not young and I don't think I need to go get myself drunk in the clubs in order to enhance my chance of meeting someone new.
I believe everything happens for a reason. Everything and every decision you make or you have to take will guide you somewhere to create your own life story. Perhaps you might not be happy at this point in life and everything stinks.... but it won't stink forever. Maybe right now it's not the right time for the right one to come by. Maybe I have just missed him a minute ago or we just happened to walk the opposite side on the same street... I have been feeling like I have been doing the wrong thing at the wrong time or right thing at the wrong time all the time.... it's just never doing the right thing at the right time. Hardly.
But when everything is in sync, everything will fall into place and before I know it, the right guy will be right there at the right time. And I won't need to look any further...

source: weheartit


Very well-written and so true! Sometimes I get so sad whenever I see couples together or worse, if they're affectionate in my face! I mean, in my mind, I'm thinking two things. I think it's so sweet and romantic but they're making me feel bad! Does it make sense? I'm okay with being alone and I need to focus on my education and my career right now but it would be nice to have someone who is there for me and that I can say "I love you" everyday to, you know. I guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait for the right time! xoxoxooo