momojae

Can it be more true? Indeed.

I've seen that in others and been there myself before. Things always look nicer from the outside. For the first time in my life, I feel somewhat comfortable in my own skin. No need to pretend, no need to worry about if relationship will end if I don't make a move, no need to bust my ass trying to make things work and make someone else happy, no need to care about irrelevant people who actually annoys the crap out of me but still have to pretend I give a damn... God, I really hope this sudden feeling stays.
I ... feel... free! After losing your own sense of self in a relationship in order to please the other person and try everything to keep your relationship, it takes so long to trying to find who you are back. I'm still learning but it is much better than a year ago for sure. At least I don't feel as lost as before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not regretting being in my previous relationships at all but you never know how much you lose yourself and how dependent you have become until you are out of the relationship.

Anyways, to all the single ladies out there:



source: weheartit
Damn right.
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. Here, here!!!! I love it - might have to blast some Beyonce in tribute to your post....


  2. Thank you for this post! It's so true! I'm still trying to feel normal after my break up though and I can't help but cry whenever I see something romantic! It's really, really tough but I always remind myself that at least I'm strong enough not to succumb to my temptations and go back to that jerk. xoxoxxoo


  3. Definitely true!! I think it's important to not lose sight of who you are x