momojae

Ever since I came back from my trip (sounds like a long time and it feels like a long time... but it was only a week... exactly 7 days ago!!), I have been bombarded by work and my friends' emotional crises. I really don't want my "vacay spirit" to go. It was such a good feeling but as things are going back to normal, I have to face the reality again and my "vacay spirit" is slowly fading away. I never thought I would be saying this but I need to travel, from time to time, to rejuvenate myself.... to re-charge myself... or better to get an "eternal sunshine on the spotless mind".

But let's face it, how can you go travel when you have no "moolah"?? Oh well, we ought to work for it....

Anyways, this trip has been hectic and exhausting but it was such a fun one where I learn and see a lot. I originally was hoping to see Paris and London but to my surprise, I find myself enjoying much much more when I was in Italy. Perhaps I got some rude treatments when I was in Paris, and London turns out to be very familiar... as if I have lived there before (?!?!), I love Italy. People are humorous and they are comparatively more friendly than Parisians. I can't say it enough but people in Milan are just gorgeous. Even the people walking on the streets exude this casual Italian chic which I can't find anything similar in other countries. Milan really surprised me. In a good way, of course. I have been wanting to go back for another visit since I come back!!

Here is a little taste of Italy:

Vatican City
I'm not a Catholic but I was sooooo WOWed by the sight of St. Peter's Basilica. Absolutely breath-taking sight. Inside? Even more spectacular. Eyes, mouth WIDE OPENED.
The Colosseum
It was "older" and more delicate than I thought. I didn't want to do any jumping jacks nearby...

The Trevi Fountain
According to the tour guide, this is NOT a wishing fountain. This is just a normal fountain. But who's to judge? If you believe it can come true, then so be it~ I didn't throw any coins.... because as you can see from this angle, this is the closest I could get. It was soooooo crowded where I couldn't even squeeze my way into the crowd. It was insane. By the way, that day was 33 degrees.... I had 2 cups of authentic Italian gelato at the gelato parlour next to the Fountain.
The Tower of Pisa
Not as slanted as I thought. And yes, I did take those photos where I pretended to push or hold on to the tower from falling. I know it's lame... but when hundreds of tourists were there doing the same thing? You ought to join in.
Florence (or Firenze)
I like to say "Firenze" now... sounds nicer! LOL! I forgot the name of this place where they have the replica of the DAVID statue. Another spectacular view.
Venice
I need more time there!! I love this place. I absolutely love running around the place through maze-like alleys and discover those unique arts & crafts stores and bistros. I actually got lost and an old waiter came over to see if we need help. This Italian gentleman was happened to live in the same area as I'm living in now when he was younger!! And now his daughter is working here too! I also met this lady who owns a Murano glassware jewelry store. She taught me how to make a little necklace. This is the thing I like about traveling, meeting nice random locals.
Milan
This is the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele. I bought my first EVER Prada. Not a Prada bag of course... (if I did get one, I don't think I will have any money left for my second half of the trip...) I bought a pair of Prada sunglasses. I have never felt so vain... but I love it!! LOL!! The gentleman who sold them to be was VERY good-looking (He can pass as a model!) and he is unbelievably well-mannered and at the same time humorous. If I was buying only a pair of sunglasses in the regular Prada shop, I might be booted out so fast I won't even see the doors open. He spent a long time explaining the sunglasses to me... what I can wear with... where I can wear with....etc. Wow. Non-pushy, non-snobby.
(Another extra bonus: When I got to Paris, I wanted to do a price check in Paris's Prada... the SNOBBY sales girl said the sunglasses weren't out in Paris YET!!!!!!!!)

So this is the first half of the trip. Hope you guys enjoy. Arrivederci!!
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Adore these shots....truly amazing. Can't wait for more! How's your cold?


  2. Wow, sounds like you had such a rewarding and wonderful tripe! I've always wanted to visit Milan and Pairs, but London is at the top! I'm very curious what you mean by rude treatments? Were people snobby in general in those countries? I could totally believe that people are gorgeous there though! There must be something in the water :-) xooxxoo