momojae


My dear friend is getting married today!!! Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend her wedding (and she was a little disappointed that I can't go) because she will be getting married in Spain. I tried to match up my Europe trip to her wedding.... but the time in between is just too long... I can't take so much time off.... Anyways, I met up with them in London and we had a wonderful dinner (eating at Jamie Oliver's is awesome!!), and wished them a HAPPY WEDDING!

My good friend, J, and her now-hubby, P, met and fell in love in the most "meant-to-be" way. They met during a work internship exchange program from school and they happened to work in a company half-way around the world from where they live (She was from Canada and he was from Spain... but their work internship program was in Japan). It is so meant to be... falling in love with another person who is from the opposite side of the world.... and just so happened to work in the same company in a total foreign country!! After the internship, they had to go back to where they lived in order to finish their degree. They then started their 3-year long distance relationship. All the while, they were flying back and forth... sometimes, he flew to Canada... and sometimes, she flew to Spain. Sometimes they met halfway.... in Japan. They said they basically used up their savings in order to see each other. After a few years, they decided they should settle down in one place... and they chose London, where both got job offers and rent a little place together.

After 7 years, they finally decided to tie the knot. I couldn't have happier. They are very cute together. They have their fights but it never sticks. They are also one of my fave couples who makes me believe long distance relationship CAN work. (I still believe LDR will work.... as long as the other person is willing to work together. Again, nothing would have mattered if the other person doesn't even want to put in any effort.)

Met up with them in London made me feel that I really miss the feeling of having someone holding me close and hold my hand while walking, and making stupid jokes and laughing mindlessly. I envy them and I am truly happy that they found each other.

To my dear J and P, I wish you a lifetime of happiness and love!! I love you guys! xoxo~

both sourced from: weheartit

Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Such a sweet and romantic story! I'm so happy whenever I read stories about how couples meet and how they make their relationship work despite the culture differences or distance. I wish your friend and her husband happiness for the rest of their lives and how lucky they are to find each other.

    Thank you so much for your sweet words. As I read your post, I can't help but cry a little because no matter how much I try to put on a brave face and be strong, I still break down from time to time because it's tough to go from having a boyfriend to no boyfriend at all. Or no one by your side suddenly. It hurts everyday. But I'm trying to make it work...xoxoxxoo


  2. When you find the person you are meant to be with...it really is magic. I love hearing stories like this. Makes me believe in love. Thanks for this.