I should've known better but I chose to turn a blind eye to everything in the past 4 years together. As cheesy as I'm going to sound, I believe TRUE LOVE CONQUERS ALL!! That is true IF the other person feels the same way. I have no doubt he felt the same in the beginning.... when passion, sparks, and excitement were all there. Time flies... and so is his love.
I should've known when he stopped helping me trying to facilitate our relationship with his family. I was like the idiot trying to please a 'queen' who had condemned me to exile (for reasons that really didn't even make sense). Standing afar looking at my failed effort to struggle to make things better between me and his family, he gave up long ago.
I should've known when he would rather go on trips than to visit me. (Yes, we are in a long-distance relationship for the later half of our time together ... but that will be another topic another day) He didn't visit once since I moved but I had flew back to see him at least 3 times within less than 2 years (13-hour flight!!) whenever I could be excused from work. I naively thought as a good girlfriend, I should support him to have fun, to do what he loves. Because he wasn't at his greatest place financially, I didn't want to create anymore pressure for him. As much as I really missed him and dying to see him, I decided to support him to visit places he would like to visit and have fun.
I should've known when he kept missing our little webcam rendez-vous. He decided to get drunk instead. I thought.. again, very naive.... that he must have a very bad day at work or very upset about his business or even his relationship with his family. My point to do webcam was to make him realize even though I'm not there physically, my heart will always be with him and let him know that I still really care for him and willing to listen to his day's ups and downs. He had all the liberty to choose when to go online with me. But at the end, he said it was all too constraining for him... it had become a routine instead of something he wanted to do.
I should've known when he said I should stand up on my own, I should take care of myself... he didn't even show any feelings when I told him my ex contacted me again.
Everything doesn't seem to matter when you are in love. You tend to find every excuse in your head to make yourself NOT to believe the harsh reality. Now in retrospect, actions do speak louder than words. All his sweet nothings were all contradicting his behaviors.
I should've known.
I should've known when he stopped helping me trying to facilitate our relationship with his family. I was like the idiot trying to please a 'queen' who had condemned me to exile (for reasons that really didn't even make sense). Standing afar looking at my failed effort to struggle to make things better between me and his family, he gave up long ago.
I should've known when he would rather go on trips than to visit me. (Yes, we are in a long-distance relationship for the later half of our time together ... but that will be another topic another day) He didn't visit once since I moved but I had flew back to see him at least 3 times within less than 2 years (13-hour flight!!) whenever I could be excused from work. I naively thought as a good girlfriend, I should support him to have fun, to do what he loves. Because he wasn't at his greatest place financially, I didn't want to create anymore pressure for him. As much as I really missed him and dying to see him, I decided to support him to visit places he would like to visit and have fun.
I should've known when he kept missing our little webcam rendez-vous. He decided to get drunk instead. I thought.. again, very naive.... that he must have a very bad day at work or very upset about his business or even his relationship with his family. My point to do webcam was to make him realize even though I'm not there physically, my heart will always be with him and let him know that I still really care for him and willing to listen to his day's ups and downs. He had all the liberty to choose when to go online with me. But at the end, he said it was all too constraining for him... it had become a routine instead of something he wanted to do.
I should've known when he said I should stand up on my own, I should take care of myself... he didn't even show any feelings when I told him my ex contacted me again.
Everything doesn't seem to matter when you are in love. You tend to find every excuse in your head to make yourself NOT to believe the harsh reality. Now in retrospect, actions do speak louder than words. All his sweet nothings were all contradicting his behaviors.
I should've known.

