momojae
Last night going out with my friend to a drink thing has been an eye-opening experience. Meeting guys who work in the global financial powerhouses, it confirms my belief that I'm not looking to date "credentials". I just want someone who I can talk with... not in between smoking cigars and sipping wine while talking about their properties and stock assets... someone I can talk meaningless things with.... laugh about silly things together...wanting the same goals... mainly a person with an unpretentious heart. Meaningless "work laugh" is really insincere in my eyes. Frankly, I'm not good at making small talks and whatnot. I don't like to be fake. What you see is what you get. No hidden agendas with me. Life is already full of problems and headaches, and if I have to be mindful and put on a show when I deal with others, I will be exhausted.

Anyways, for me, qualifications don't guarantee if he will be a good person or not. I have had a couple of close friends with high-qualifications boyfriends or husbands who treated them like shit. My ex didn't have much credentials at all.... (even my friends questioned why I would be interested in the first place) but he was a very genuine person to me and to my family (but turns out not really...) and we could talk for hours on end on endless topics. He was very driven and determined to succeed, despite he was struggling throughout the way. I admired him back then. I'm hoping to find someone like him, but who will actually stick around, be genuinely good to me, and will be true, regardless of his credentials.


Labels: edit post
0 Responses