momojae
After my breakup, people often ask me, "What have you learned?"

At first, I really didn't know... after all, it came too suddenly and I didn't even have a say or a chance to fight back... but now I know.

I have learned even when you whole-heartedly want to help your loved one and you want nothing more than helping him/her to strive for his/her dream ... and you have tried anyway possible to make it easier for him/her ... it all comes down to this: it's not how much you are willing to do, it's up to that person if he/she is willing to accept how much you do. It means nothing if he/she doesn't want it. It's that simple. Everything you do, at the end, becomes meaningless.

Do I regret what I have done for him? Definitely not. He was my love and that was a good enough reason for me. I suppose I'm the kind of girl who believes in "always stand behind your man through thick and thin". Looking at him frustrated and upset when he struggled to achieve his dream, it was hard. I wanted to be those couples who fight through rough times together and share their "fruits" of their harvest later on. (but who are we kidding here? How many men, after they become filthy rich, will stay with their wife whole-heartedly... without having a young bimbo on the side? or How many women these days are willing to fight with their then-boyfriend when they cannot afford to buy expensive clothes or jewelry to please them?)

Do I feel disappointed? Yes. Not because of the possibility that he will make it big and I wouldn't be able to share with him... I really didn't care for that. I'm disappointed because he said "I didn't support him".

That was one of the most heartbreaking things he said to me when we broke up.
0 Responses