momojae
Dear W,

One year ago, on the same day (and at the same time as I'm writing this), you decided to leave me. I was actually discussing with a consultant at the yoga club for joining the membership. After all, it was your idea that I should exercise more to keep in shape. I listened and I signed up for a year's membership and hoping to give you a surprise when you next see me. I got your email in my iPhone when I was waiting for the consultant to come back with the applications. I remember I couldn't even listen in a word from the girl's mouth. Her words sounded like movie playing backwards... didn't make any sense... My mind was blank. I stared blankly at the forms which they started to go blurry. I knew I was in a total shock and I knew my tears were about to fall. I didn't know how I got through the whole meeting and the whole time, I told myself to not cry... don't cry.... can't cry... I got out of the yoga club and out of the building. I was at the heart of the most crowded area in the city but I have never felt so alone. All the faces, as they were walking by, were blurry. My tears were starting to come out. I wandered on the streets and somehow I got to the bus stop. I really forgot how I got there... Got the bus... found a window seat and tears started rolling down uncontrollably. I tried my best to hold the tears in as much as possible but they somehow escaped. Finally got home, I just crumbled and cried ... and cried... and cried. I emailed you back saying I had to face-to-face talk to you on webcam. And you did the next day. It was the most lengthy and solemn talk I had with you. You still decided to leave. You cried because you didn't want to hurt me so much and yet you wouldn't want to stay.

For weeks after, I was crying every single day. Although you still talked to me after that day, the closeness just wasn't the same. I really miss what we had but I know you will never be that close to me ever again.

I'd be lying if I say I'm now completely recovered and completely unhurt. It's been a year and whenever I think about the same day last year, it will still make my eyes watery. Whenever I miss you, I would go back to that breakup email and read it from top to bottom again.... I would still cry but it helps extinguish my urge to miss you.

I don't yearn to be back to the way things were before because I know you are feeling a lot free-r and happier without me by your side. We wanted different things. You wanted to be free but I wanted security. You want to try your luck with different girls and different lifestyles, yet all I want is a man who will love me truly and will not think of me as a burden, and sincerely want to build a future with me. I asked myself time and time again is it because I have not done enough to keep you but honestly, I know I cannot do anything more than what I had done already. For that, I have no regrets. I had done my best to keep you and I think that is why we are not meant to be. I always feel that we met and fell in love at the wrong time.

Anyways, I know I'm getting better everyday and I know I will recover soon. You are a good man, I never doubted that, even up to this day. I know you are going to do great things in life. You don't contact me anymore perhaps you might think you will hurt me more or it might be embarrassing to you.... or worried I would be a pesky bug that will not go away.... or whatever....

But to me, you are still a dear friend of mine. And I hope you will see me the same way.


J.

source: weheartit

2 Responses
  1. *sigh* I would have cried so much if I read this post last year because this month also marks the one year break up anniversary for me too. Everything you said happened to me except I cried for months and I still break down from time to time. But now, I have tears in my eyes but they didn't come down. I think my heart has hardened a little bit and I look at guys who hit on me with extreme distrust and suspicion. I just don't care to be in another relationship because I'm still suffering from a heartbreak. To me, my exboyfriend was a complete asshole and when karma comes back and bits his ass, I will be there to see how he copes with it. That's just the way I feel. Sorry if I sound rude by the way. I'm glad you're being strong and I know we will meet better guys! xoxoxoo


  2. Adore your blog...ahhhh - love - the good, the bad and the down right UGLY! Cheers for your comment on my blog - was the best part of my day;) Keep strong - men are like buses you know...they just keep on coming by - TRUST ME! This is something I know FOR SURE!